Construction of the Farm began in 1700's and was the home to the Fisher's. Grandfather
Adam Sebastian Fisher was said to have traveled with the Palatines to New York around
The farm referred to by John Adam Fisher as “Poland” remained in the Fisher family
for another 160 years until sold to George and Sonya Sampsell. The Fisher's played an
important part as one of the pioneering families of this area with family members creating
such icons as “Fishers Ferry” and the establishment of the 1st Lutheran Church in
The property was home to the “swinging bridge” a rope bridge that traveled
over the Penns Creek providing access for the migrant camps on the Isle of Que. As well as a stopping point for many of the barge workers escorting lumber and other goods south to Harrisburg.
The confluence of the Middle Creek and Penns Creek that form the southern corner of the property where home to the Indian tribes known by the French as Andastes, and later on known to the English as Susquehannocks. The Swedes and Dutch called them Minquas and also the Delawares of Lenni and Lenape. A large hearth can still be seen at certain
times of the year by the creek. Every year in the spring we still discover many native american artifacts on the property.
The history on the property continued to grow as in 1768 when it bore witness to what is referred as the "Fredrick Stump Affair"
The Farm churned ahead for the next 100 years or so serving as a starting point for many and has seen many a family raise there children here.
We purchased the farm in 2010 and new from the start it had great bones and, while our time here has been short in the relative life of the Farm we have continued to work as stewards to this great property. Painstakingly restoring and renovating it to reveal it's original beginnings
while tossing in a bit of modern charm and amenities creating a window to what was long ago. Creating a wedding venue like no other.
The Farm with it's seven different buildings remained much as it was in the beginning. While there uses have changed there footprint remains the same. The Cottage was once the Milk House, The Shack was formally a two story Chicken Coop. The Tractor Shed and Spring House remain as they where. The property is no longer farmed on an annual basis and has begun it's transformation back to forest and meadows. Each year we plant 100's of new trees and meadow flowers restoring the land to a more natural environment creating habitat for our pollinators and other wildlife.
Every year we get to share this property with incredible families and get to bear witness to
incredible love stories. This farm is truly an incredible place for one of the days that matter
man and a woman with arms on a stone wall